You've got questions. We have answers
Benefits of Case Management Software
Case management software makes the process of managing issues, incidents and investigations easier, fairer and more transparent. Cases can involve many parties, meetings, reports, correspondence, and tasks. If these are spread across systems (emails, paper, spreadsheets, databases) it can be harder to keep track of what has or has not been done.
Case management software pulls it all together in one secure system – with alerts and reminders built in so deadlines are met and nothing is missed. Capturing data and outcomes in a consistent way makes for easier, more meaningful reporting.
At Workpro we focus on the case management of customer and employee issues with specialised versions for: complaints, HR cases, information requests (FOI, SAR, GDPR etc.) and process non-conformance cases.
Case management software can help you to improve case handling, while reducing costs and risks. Key Benefits include:
• Everything in one place improves case coordination and eliminates duplication.
• Built-in workflow steps ensure consistency and fairness in issue resolution.
• Templates reduce errors, save time, and ensure professional correspondence.
• One source of the truth, enables colleagues to quickly pick up cases and queries.
• Reliable data collection and meaningful categorisation feeds accurate reporting.
• Clear workflow guides staff, so regulation and policies are always correctly followed.
• Notifications and alerts ensure vital information and deadlines are not missed.
• File management tools ensure compliance with data protection and data access laws.
• A chronological audit trail guarantees full accountability and transparency.
• Management reports are easily generated from the built-in standard reports library.
• Case status and team performance can be monitored in real-time against targets.
• Clear visibility of who needs to do what, with alerts and reminders to prompt action.
• Dashboards highlight issues so that remedial action can be taken.
• Cases can be easily re-assigned due to staff absence, for example.
• Spot trends and analyse root causes for improvement initiatives.
Workpro is developed by Computer Application Services Ltd (CAS). We specialise in case management systems for complaints handling, employee relations, information requests (FOI, GDPR, SAR, EIR) and other regulatory casework.
We are an employee-owned technology company based in Edinburgh, Scotland. The company has been developing software since 1969 and we became employee owned in 2014. Every team member takes a personal interest in the delivery and successful implementation of your solution. Friendly, professional and approachable, our aim is that your solution is exactly what you really need.
We supply our trusted Workpro software to public and private sector organisations throughout the UK and overseas. Product development is ongoing, and we actively seek user input to the product roadmap.
Security, Hosting & Maintenance
Workpro is browser-based software. We use industry-standard technology including Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.Net and Internet Information Server.
Yes. Workpro supports GDPR compliance in a number of ways:
- Built-in file management tool supports record and document retention policies
- Encryption of data at rest and in transit
- FOI, EIR, SAR and GDPR case types included as appropriate
- Alerts to verify personal data are included at key workflow stages.
We take great care to comply with UK and European data protection legislation, both as a business and in the functionality we offer with our Workpro case management product. We only use your data in response to enquiries about our products and services. We will never sell or give your data to another organisation under any circumstances.
Please read our Privacy Page for more information.
Yes – our standard solutions include secure cloud hosting in UK-based, data centres with ISO27001 certification. We now also offer cloud hosting in Canada - please contact us for details.
You can choose different configurations, allowing you to tailor the level of security and resilience to meet your business needs.
Yes. Workpro can run on standard servers and is easy to support. We can provide support and documentation for your IT colleagues or provider as required – or we can manage your system for you if you don’t have an IT department. We can even pre-install Workpro on a server for you.
We hold industry-standard quality, security and environmental accreditations. The main ones are:
- ISO 9001 for Quality Assurance
- ISO 27001 for Information Security
- ISO 14001 for Environmental Management
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- FSQS Registered
We highly recommend purchasing a support and maintenance package with your system.
CAS operates an ITIL compliant support operation comprising of a manned help desk with backup technical resource as required. Support is available through:
- Online support portal (available 24/7/365)
- By email or telephone (helpdesk)
- Remote support via dedicated link.
Workpro is an evolving product and one system upgrade is available to clients per year as part of the Workpro Licence Agreement.
Product Information & Set-up
A typical deployment of our standard Workpro product would be approximately 6 weeks. This can be longer if a customer requires customisations of the standard product. Our aim is to make this as smooth as possible for you and our Project Manager will oversee the entire project from start to finish.
Check out what to expect during the setup process.
Yes – thanks to a robust API, data can feed into Workpro, or data from Workpro can be fed into your other systems. For example, it’s easy to connect your CRM, Payroll, webforms, batch printing and scanning applications.
Administration data can be automatically scheduled for import from other systems and Workpro ensures lookup list data, etc. is in sync with your primary data source, saving time and keying errors!
Yes, existing case data can be imported from other systems into the Workpro system. We provide a recommended format for supplying the data. We also offer full data migration services, from data cleansing to migration of case documents.
Yes, Workpro is a configurable case management system. Authorised system administrators can customise items such as lookup lists, categorisations, fields, templates, user permissions and KPIs. Our business analysts can help if you need more complex customisation.
The SQL Report Builder comes integrated with the Workpro system. It is a powerful report generation tool which lets users create and manage their own reports at any time without our help. Workpro Business Analysts can also provide a Report Writing Service.
Yes – Workpro is available on the UK Government Digital Marketplace under the G-Cloud 13 framework for UK public sector buyers. The following links will take you to our G Cloud 13 offerings:
We aim to be fully transparent in our pricing and to provide you with the most cost effective solution for your requirement.
• Annual Running Costs include Licencing, Hosting and Support, plus any Optional Modules you may choose. We offer different licencing levels for different user access requirements. Licences start at £180 per user per annum, rising to £875 per annum for a Professional User licence.
• Deployment Costs are one-off costs for onboarding your system, for example, initial setup of your own Workpro instance, training and any Optional Services you may (or may not) require.
We would be happy to provide ballpark costs for your particular requirement. Please call for a no-obligation chat.