Workpro case management software is developed by Computer Application Services Limited (CAS) – an employee-owned company. CAS believes that technology is the driving force of the modern world, and that it is vital that we get more young people trained and ready to enter the IT industry.
CAS has a Gold Investors in People award and is dedicated to providing a great working environment for its employees.
Ken Naismith, CAS Chief Executive, says: “We take great pride in our workforce here at CAS. It’s a cliché but the people make the company. We are very fortunate to have talented and motivated employees. We are a strong team, and we work hard to make sure the workplace at CAS is a positive, supportive and successful environment, pulling together to move forward in times of great change"
This role would be ideal for a young person (16-24) claiming Universal Credit who is looking to get into IT.
|Posting date:||05 November 2021|
|Hours:||25 hours per week. 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday|
|Closing date:||23 November 2021|
|Hourly rate:||Real Living Wage £9.50 per hour|
NB: To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the existing Information Technology team. The role will provide an opportunity to be involved in many areas of the company operations, including provision of support to both internal and external clients.
The IT group at CAS deliver information processing services for all parts of the organisation. As part of the team an IT specialist can expect to work with a wide variety of software, hardware, and networking systems. Involvement in areas such as database support is expected, and there are opportunities to develop skills in information security.
The role will involve contact with internal and external clients, providing support for day-to-day issues as well as assistance in longer term projects. It is expected that the Analyst will work with the existing team members to create and support IT systems, addressing immediate support requests as well as planning to meet future business needs.
Areas of specific interest include:
- Microsoft Windows desktop and server systems
- Cloud services, web-based applications
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- Networking, including VoIP telephony
- System performance and monitoring
- Hardware support
- Development and testing within the IT environment
- Problem solving and constructive thinking
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to learn as part of an experienced team, supporting a wide variety of systems and operations for both the local office and remote sites. CAS is an employee-owned inclusive organisation, encouraging participation and involvement from all staff.
This is a technical role and so candidates should be able to demonstrate some proficiency in working with technology and an interest in a career in IT. This might be via school or college qualifications, work experience or something they’ve done at home. Otherwise, there are no specific requirements.
The company is seeking a personable and enthusiastic individual who will be working with different customers as part of the international business that CAS enjoys. The role requires attention to detail allied with an understanding of deadlines and the importance of the support role within a successful organisation.
Additional employability support
- Daily stand-up meetings for each team and attendance at these meetings will also be expected. Timekeeping and attendance can be monitored using these activities.
- Opportunity to take part in daily stand-up meetings, giving an update on what they have done and what they have been assigned for the coming day.
- Will take part in our standard induction programme which will introduce them to all parts of the organisation and the processes they need to follow.
- Internal training to allow them to complete admin tasks and, access to 3rd party materials and coaching via internal staff members, so that they can develop their technical skills.
- Baseline Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/azure-fundamentals/
- Third party training from Elite training https://elitetc.co.uk/ who will provide an introductory training course on Windows Desktop / Azure Fundamentals for the young person.
- 1-1 coaching by a Senior Manager who has regular experience of hiring staff and interviewing. This will include a package of CV writing, interview training as well as a mock interview, advice on creating a Linked In page, and coaching on their career development.
- Time with staff in different departments (e.g., Sales / Marketing / Development) so that they can improve their contextual knowledge of working in a commercial organisation.
- We’ll also teach them about using standard office tools like Microsoft Outlook for reading emails, responding to meeting requests, and so on.